To prepare a random sampling of your data for quality control purposes, you will need to use both the Logikcull platform and Excel.
1. Filter for the set of documents that the customer would like to create a random set within, e.g. documents tagged with "responsive".
2. Download a CSV with the Logikcull unique ID.
The next steps require Excel:
1. Create a new column and label the header to indicate that this will be a random number, e.g. random_number.
2. In the first cell underneath the new random_number column, type =RAND().
3. Double click on the fill handle on the bottom right corner of the cell where the formula was input to copy it to all the values in the column.
4. Create a new column and label the header to indicate that this will be input into the bulk keyword search, e.g. bulk_keyword
5. In the first cell underneath the new bulk_keyword column, type =CONCAT("file_id:",A2). The A2 here should be one of the file IDs pulled during the CSV download.
6. Double click on the fill handle on the bottom right corner to copy this formula to all the values in the column.
7. Sort the records by the random_number column
8. Choose the first x cells from the bulk_keyword column, x being the number of documents that you want to sample.
9. Paste these values into the bulk keyword search feature, and hit "Search"!