Only Account Owners and Account Admins can access/view/edit Legal Holds.
Creating a new Legal Hold
Step 1: Location of hold
- Legal Holds are associated with Projects. You can create a hold within an existing project, or you can create a new project as needed.
- To create a new Hold, click + New > New Hold on the Holds tab of the Project.
Step 2: Notice details
- If you have a template that does not require modifications to the notice text you can click on the “Notice template” dropdown.
- Click “Create new template” to create a new hold and notice. You have access to existing templates on the top right.
- Confirmation button text and color can be edited.
- There are options to set two types of reminders: Non-acceptance reminder OR Resend email notice
- There is also the option to “Edit default release text”.
- If a user wants to create a new template based on their selections they have the option to name and save a template.
Step 3: Custodians
- Select from available custodians using the "Select people for notice" column on the left; or type, copy/paste into the "People to notify" column on the right.
Step 4: Summary and Save
- You can send yourself a test message to check the formatting and content.
- You also have the option to deliver emails at a later date and time.
- Summary of Hold details.
- Name your Hold. This is the name that will appear in the “Global Holds” list view. ⚠️ Please note: you cannot edit the name of a hold once it has been created.
Hold Details View
- At the top of the page, you’ll see a summary of stats including total custodians and the number of confirmed, failed, or pending custodians.
- From this view, you can generate a report with a list of all of the custodians associated with the hold and the information visible here (created by, date, status, notes, etc.)
- You can choose the Hold Options to Pause, Release, or Delete the Hold.
- Edit a hold to add new custodians, edit the notice text, customize the confirmation button, make changes reminders, or edit the default release text.
- Similar to the Global Holds View, each custodian has its own “card” that provides the status of the custodian, email address, and sent information. You also have the option to add a note or remind a custodian that has not confirmed their notice.