Workspace Owners and Admins can export data from their workspace:
1. From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
2. Select Administration, then Workspace settings from the menu.
3. Choose Import/Export Data in the top right.
4. Select the Export tab.
5. Click Start Export. Slack will send you an email once it's ready.
6. Open the email and click Visit your workspace's export page.
7. Click Ready for download to access the .zip file.
The .zip file will contain your message history (in JSON format) and file links from all public channels.
This is the file you should upload to Logikcull.
If you have additional questions or issues, you can go directly to help.slack.com to learn more.
Upload your exported Slack zip archive into Logikcull:
- Start by navigating over to the Uploads tab in your Logikcull Project.
- Then select Create a New Upload > Cloud Upload > Slack.
- Once you have selected Slack, simply drag and drop/browse for your zipped Slack archive.
- Assign the workspace (Custodian) name to the upload, and optionally assign a company name as well.
- Name the Upload.
- Select Start Upload!
Things to Note
- Slack Messages in Logikcull will get assigned the 'From Slack' QC Tag:
- Each day of messages = 1 document. All documents are rendered to HTML and then to PDF for easy review, redacting, and downloading.
- Edited and Deleted messages are captured and easily discovered. Search for "DELETED MESSAGE" or "EDITED MESSAGE" to find all messages that were edited/deleted.
- All channel names are preserved and added to the file path (e.g. Slack.com\Workspace\SuperSecretChatRoom).
- The folder structure must have the reference files on the root level or one level in. To clarify, for the following example, you can either select all > compress, or you can encase these files in a folder and compress that folder:
Please feel free to reach out to Support at Logikcull if you have any questions!
Logikcull PDF Quick Guide to Discovery and Investigations in Slack