If you're a Logikcull Account Owner, Account Admin, or Project Admin, you can make downloads (also known as document productions).
Logikcull Learning Training Videos:
Download Step By Step Instructions:
- Save a search (How can I save a search? - [Video]) - all downloads come from saved-searches. The dedupe view of the saved search from which the download is based on will dictate whether you're including duplicates or not.
- Click the "Downloads" tab
- Click "Create a new download"
- Select the saved search you want to download (you can also create a download from the search page by clicking on the saved-search from the "Saved Searches" list in the search information panel)
- Choose your download options
- Confirm the options are correct and click "Create download"
Below you'll see an in-depth breakdown of these steps and an explanation of your options during the Download process.
Step 1: Create a new Download
- Select a Saved Search - This drop down will list the saved searches made within the project. You must select a saved search to initiate a Download.
- Load a Download Template - On Step 4 of the Download creation process, there will be an option to save all the options you’ve selected as a “Download Template”. If you have saved any previous Download Templates in prior Downloads this drop down will contain that list, otherwise it will be empty.
- Sort By - Here you can find the option to order your documents in your Download. Default is Filepath (a-z).
- Family Inclusion Setting - This will pull in any family members that were not originally a part of the saved search you selected in “Select a Saved Search” above. For example, an email might not meet the parameters of your saved search, but the email’s attachment does meet the parameters. Selecting yes for this option (and for this example) would pull in both the email and all its attachments. If you want to download the very specific set of documents that you saved, you would want to switch this to "No, don't include."
- Culled Family Inclusion Setting - This will pull in any family culled family members. An example would be a culled email (not in your search results) and a non-culled attachment to that email (in your search results). Selecting yes for this option would pull in that culled parent email.
ℹ️ Learn more about culling here.
Things to Note:
⚠️ Seeing a “Potentially Privileged” notification & wondering which documents Logikcull has applied that QC tag to?
Feel free to run the saved search the download is based on and select the QC tag “Potentially Privileged” from the Carousel, or simply paste processing_flag:"Potentially Privileged" into the main search bar.
Potentially Privileged is a QC tag that Logikcull automatically applies upon processing and is based on our database of law firm email addresses.
Also, the de-duplication view of the saved search from which this download is based on will dictate whether you're including duplicates or not.
ℹ️ Learn more about de-duplication views here.
Step 2: Load Files
- Summary of saved search used, document and page count, and total size.
- Load File Inclusion Setting - choose whether or not to include Load Files in your Download. A Load File is essentially a spreadsheet that contains fields of metadata (you choose which fields to include below).
- Load File Format - CSV is the default, but there are also options for Relativity, Summation, and Concordance.
- Load File Template - Choose from pre-populated templates, including Logikcull defaults and any Load File Templates users have saved in your project. To see what is in the pre-populated templates see Step 5.
- Create new template (and view existing templates) - Pick and choose your desired metadata load file fields, as well as view the pre-populated load file templates. When you choose this option, you will see a screen with two columns. The left side is available fields, the right side is the fields your load file will contain.
(You can check out what each of the default/saved templates contain by clicking 'Create New Template' > Below 'Selected Fields' toggle the dropdown for 'Load an existing template...')
Step 3: Image, Native, and Text Settings
- Include Images - Choose to include images of your documents in you download. You can also choose to include Previously Downloaded Images (a previous downloaded bates endorsement).
- Image Formats - Formats include multipage color PDFs, single page B&W TIFF, and multipage B&W TIFF.
- More options and image defaults - Expand this section to specify how to name Images, whether to include redactions, choose file types to be Imaged, and also to endorse images (with Bates/confidential/etc.). Finally, you can also specify the slipsheet preference (for any file types deselected in this section). Note: For more information on Bates branding, please click here.
- Include Native Files - Here you can select to include which document types to provide in their native file format.
- Naming Natives - Choose to have your Native files in your download named with the doc number, original file name, or imported bates number. Note: choosing to name with original file name will place each document in its own folder to prevent file name collision.
- More options and natives defaults - Choose the file types you wish to provide natively in your download by checking them off. Any unchecked file types in this section will not be provided natively. Note: If the setting to include redacted documents (Step 3) is enabled, any documents that are redacted will not be provided natively, as well as any families of those redacted documents.
- Include Text Files - Choose to include or exclude text files.
- Folder to include Text Files - specifies which folder to include the text files in your download.
- Customize by Document Tag - This allows you to specify the format in which specific documents are produced based on the tag those documents contain.
Step 4: Volume Name, Numbering, and Sharing
- Download Volume/Name - This will be the label the download will receive within Logikcull. This is a required field.
- Starting Document/Bates Number - Input a starting document or bates number here. This is a required field.
- Download Notes - Optional space to enter any notes you'd like to make for your download.
- Download Size - Choose to split your download if it is above a certain file size.
Here's what you're downloading: This is a summary of your download. You can think of it as a QC check for yourself. Note that the tags are for your reference and WILL NOT be viewable on the download itself.
- Download Summary - This is a summary of your download settings as you've applied them. Information about tags will not be included in the download (unless specified in the Load File on Step 2).
- Create a New Download template - Save the settings you've applied so far in the download to easily use in future downloads.
- Securely Share - Here you can share the production via email (for example, share with opposing counsel).
And finally - create your Download!
Some things to keep in mind:
- Do-overs: If you made a mistake, you can re-create your download simply by selecting the same saved-search
- Privilege flag: If you have documents tagged as Privileged in your saved search, Logikcull will alert you to how many documents in your download are tagged as Privileged BEFORE you start your download. This feature will alert you to any documents that have a tag with any variation of the word “priv” in it. A best practice method is to run a knockout tag search on your saved-search before downloading to make sure no documents contain unwanted (i.e. Privilege-like) tags.
- When you upload data into Logikcull, your documents are rendered to high quality PDFs automatically. So, when you go to download, there's no re-rendering. But, if you select TIFF, Logikcull will have to convert the PDFs into TIFF images, this will add some time to the processing of your download.
- Once your download is complete, you'll receive a detailed email notification that your download is done.